"I Know What America’s Leading C.E.O.s Really Think of Donald Trump"
Add Reply
J Carlson
2024-06-24 17:26:22 UTC
By Jeffrey A. Sonnenfeld

Dr. Sonnenfeld is the president of the Yale Chief Executive Leadership Institute.

Recent headlines suggest that our nation’s business leaders are embracing the
presidential candidate Donald Trump. His campaign would have you believe that
our nation’s top chief executives are returning to support Mr. Trump for
president, touting declarations of support from some prominent financiers like
Steve Schwarzman and David Sacks.

That is far from the truth. They didn’t flock to him before, and they certainly
aren’t flocking to him now. Mr. Trump continues to suffer from the lowest level
of corporate support in the history of the Republican Party.

I know this because I work with roughly 1,000 chief executives a year, running a
school for them, which I started 35 years ago, and I speak with business leaders
almost every day. Our surveys show that 60 to 70 percent of them are registered
Republicans.

The reality is that the top corporate leaders working today, like many
Americans, aren’t entirely comfortable with either Mr. Trump or President Biden.
But they largely like — or at least can tolerate — one of them. They truly fear
the other.

If you want the most telling data point on corporate America’s lack of
enthusiasm for Mr. Trump, look where they are investing their money. Not a
single Fortune 100 chief executive has donated to the candidate so far this
year, which indicates a major break from overwhelming business and executive
support for Republican presidential candidates dating back over a century, to
the days of Taft and stretching through Coolidge and the Bushes, all of whom had
dozens of major company heads donating to their campaigns.

Mr. Trump secured the White House partly by tapping into the anticorporate,
populist messaging of Bernie Sanders, who was then a candidate, a move that Mr.
Trump discussed with me when I met him in 2015. The strategy might have won
voters but did little to enhance Mr. Trump’s image with the business community.
And while a number of chief executives tried to work with Mr. Trump as they
would with any incumbent president and many celebrated his move to cut the
corporate tax rate, wariness persisted.

Several chief executives resented Mr. Trump’s personal attacks on businesses
through divide-and-conquer tactics, meddling and pitting competitors against
each other publicly. Scores of them rushed to distance themselves from Mr.
Trump’s more provocative stances, resigning en masse from his business advisory
councils in 2017 after he equated antiracism activists with white supremacists.
Dozens of them openly called for Mr. Trump’s impeachment in 2021 after the Jan.
6 insurrection.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/23/opinion/ceo-trump-republican-support.html

Business tycoons hate Trump.
CLV
2024-06-24 17:37:27 UTC
Post by J Carlson
Business tycoons hate Trump.
How'd you lose that Sleazynews account Rudey?

Are they charging you their $500 SPAM cleanup fee, little man Ball?

And where did your Giganews account run off to?
Skeeter
You hate Trump and you wish others did too.
Scout
2024-06-25 16:47:47 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by J Carlson
By Jeffrey A. Sonnenfeld
Dr. Sonnenfeld is the president of the Yale Chief Executive Leadership Institute.
Recent headlines suggest that our nation?s business leaders are embracing the
<snip>
Post by Skeeter
Post by J Carlson
councils in 2017 after he equated antiracism activists with white supremacists.
Dozens of them openly called for Mr. Trump?s impeachment in 2021 after the Jan.
6 insurrection.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/23/opinion/ceo-trump-republican-support.html
Business tycoons hate Trump.
You hate Trump and you wish others did too.
You know what I find amazing... ia that the left attacks "business leaders"
as 'self enriching exploiters of the people'.. Then turn around and tell us
that a candidate supported by such people is who we should support.

So which is it? business leaders exist only to enrich themselvs... or that
they care about the poorer people in society?
pothead
2024-06-25 23:07:58 UTC
Post by Scout
Post by Skeeter
Post by J Carlson
councils in 2017 after he equated antiracism activists with white supremacists.
Dozens of them openly called for Mr. Trump?s impeachment in 2021 after the Jan.
6 insurrection.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/23/opinion/ceo-trump-republican-support.html
Business tycoons hate Trump.
You hate Trump and you wish others did too.
You know what I find amazing... ia that the left attacks "business leaders"
as 'self enriching exploiters of the people'.. Then turn around and tell us
that a candidate supported by such people is who we should support.
So which is it? business leaders exist only to enrich themselvs... or that
they care about the poorer people in society?
While all candidates have mega rich donors, take a look at Biden vs Trump.
Trump spends time at rallies, on the streets pressing the flesh and listening to the main street
people.

Joe Biden OTOH, goes coast to coast drumming up support from mega rich, left wing Hollywood
liberals.
Do you see Joe Biden out on the streets listening to the average citizen?
I don't.
And yes I realize Trump has his mega donors as well, but at least he reaches out to both sides of
the spectrum.

The democrat party has evolved into exactly what they have been accusing the republicans of for
decades and that is being the party of the rich and powerful.
--
pothead
Joe Biden is the absolute WORST President Of the U.S. ever.
Vote for ANYBODY but Joe Biden in 2024.
Mitchell Holman
2024-06-26 02:00:40 UTC
Post by pothead
Post by Scout
Post by Skeeter
Post by J Carlson
[...]
Are "main street people" telling Trump
to dodge debates and jail his opponents and
be a dictator and cut their social security?
J Carlson
2024-06-26 02:27:16 UTC
On 6/25/2024 4:07 PM, "pothole," the squat-to-piss faggot castrato boy who lies
Post by pothead
Post by Scout
Post by Skeeter
Post by J Carlson
councils in 2017 after he equated antiracism activists with white supremacists.
Dozens of them openly called for Mr. Trump?s impeachment in 2021 after the Jan.
6 insurrection.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/23/opinion/ceo-trump-republican-support.html
Business tycoons hate Trump.
You hate Trump and you wish others did too.
All right-thinking people hate Trump and want everyone to hate him. Trump is a
loathsome vermin.
Post by pothead
Post by Scout
You know what I find amazing... ia that the left attacks "business leaders"
as 'self enriching exploiters of the people'.. Then turn around and tell us
that a candidate supported by such people is who we should support.
So which is it? business leaders exist only to enrich themselvs... or that
they care about the poorer people in society?
Trump doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself.
Post by pothead
While all candidates have mega rich donors, take a look at Biden vs Trump.
Trump spends time at rallies, on the streets pressing the flesh and listening to the main street
people.
That is simply a bullshit lie. The *only* time Trump spends "on the streets" is
walking from a building to a limousine, or vice-versa. Trump gets *nowhere
close* to "the man on the street." He sees his lumpen supporters at his rallies,
but he is not physically close to them and does not interact one-on-one with any
of them. They are only props for his circus performance.

"pothole," the castrato, says some really stupid bullshit, but this is one of
the stupidest nuggets of bullshit he — *he*, not "she" — has ever blabbered.
Trump has *never* "pressed the flesh." Trump would sooner cut off his own little
mushroom dick than do that. Trump has nothing but contempt for the man in the
street.
Governor Swill
2024-06-25 14:32:28 UTC
Post by J Carlson
[...]
"Hate" is a strong word.

Trump, having no ideology, is unpredictable, which makes business planning difficult.

He also has a reputation for going back on his word and not paying up when the bill comes
due.

In business, if you can't be trusted, you're treated with a very wary eye.

Swill
NP: INXS - Suicide Blonde
Skeeter
2024-06-25 14:37:14 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Post by J Carlson
[...]
Yet in the NY hearings all the banks were happy with him and had no
complaints.
J Carlson
No, they weren't.
J Carlson
No.
Governor Swill
2024-06-25 16:54:32 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Yet in the NY hearings all the banks were happy with him and had no
complaints.
How many of them went to the courtroom to testify on his behalf?

Swill
NP: Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract
Skeeter
2024-06-25 17:24:43 UTC
You mean how many were "allowed"?
J Carlson
2024-06-25 17:41:01 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Governor Swill
Post by Skeeter
Yet in the NY hearings all the banks were happy with him and had no
complaints.
How many of them went to the courtroom to testify on his behalf?
You mean how many were "allowed"?
*Any* would have been "allowed," Skeeter-Shit Jack-Off Shit-4-Braincell. The
fact is, none *would* testify for the fraudster.
Governor Swill
2024-06-26 03:14:58 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Governor Swill
Post by Skeeter
Yet in the NY hearings all the banks were happy with him and had no
complaints.
How many of them went to the courtroom to testify on his behalf?
You mean how many were "allowed"?
No, I mean how many went there?

Swill
super70s
2024-06-26 04:27:15 UTC
Post by J Carlson
By Jeffrey A. Sonnenfeld
This guy had a great line in TV interviews the past couple of days:
"The Fortune 100 execs believe in the rule of law, not laws from
rulers."